"When people talk listen completely. Don’t be thinking what you’re going to say. Most people never listen. Nor do they observe. You should be able to go into a room and when you come out know everything that you saw there and not only that. If that room gave you any feeling you should know exactly what it was that gave you that feeling. Try that for practice. When you’re in town stand outside the theatre and see how the people differ in the way they get out of taxis or motor cars. There are a thousand ways to practice. And always think of other people."
"1. Don’t ever tell anyone they look tired.
2. Help people, and if you offer to help someone, follow through.
3. Be kind to people who work in retail and food service.
4. Let someone know you’re not interested.
5. Actually “hang out sometime.”
6. Be a little more honest.
7. Stop calling each other mean names on the internet.
8. Send more letters (not emails) and gifts.
9. Give more genuine complements.
10. Have more patience while waiting in lines."
I have no prior knowledge to what this gif is from, therefore I must assume that Lucy Liu and the tortoise are in a long term relationship, and that he’s thoughtfully made her breakfast in bed as a anniversary surprise. Little does the tortoise know that over the years Lucy has become disgruntled by the fact that he continues to forget that she likes to eat more than lettuce, and this final lapse in memory will mean an end to their relationship.
(Source: aleriehightower, via nickrnillers)
"Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted."